Saturday, February 7, 2009

our little slugger...

Today was one of those times when you stop and wonder, "Where has time gone?"

Our baby is 4 years old today! It seems like he was given to us by God just days ago, yet, it seems like he's been in our lives forever! He truly is our pride and joy. He makes every day a pleasure! Even those times that can be challenging, I try to stop and think, "At least I have him to challenge me." When I'm chasing after him for the "100th time" in a day, it's "At least he can run, and I can keep up with him!" that I say to myself. What did I do to deserve the privilege and honor of raising (along with the best husband and father in the world) such an incredible little boy?!?!

It's been amazing to watch him grow...physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. His interests have varied as his stages change (typical, I know, for any child); however, for the past year, he has done nothing but eat, sleep, and breathe baseball... almost literally!!! Just ask anyone who knows him! So, with no question, his birthday party theme this year had to be BASEBALL! We had a wonderful time with friends...who really are like family to us. I think he could have played baseball with them all day.

As Jacob continues to grow, I pray that God will always grant us wisdom and discernment to raise him "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." My prayer for him has always been Luke 2:52... May Jacob "increase in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man."

"Dear God, bless what you have fearfully and wonderfully made...In Jesus' name, Amen."

No comments: