Saturday, November 15, 2008

letting go...

Today has been a productive day at the Strouse house. Among other tasks, I finished staining the deck while Leigh Ellen reorganized and de-cluttered the kitchen cabinets. De-clutter, now there's a concept. Would one consider a "collection" clutter?

All of us have something we love to collect. For me, it's cups. Cups, you might ask? Yes, drinking cups. It's not so much that I like to collect them, I simply hate to throw away things that can be used as cups (Mason jars, Gatorade bottles, etc.) Today, I resolved to discard a part of my prized collection. Sure, you can never have enough drinking vessels--I mean, what if we had 60 people over for a party--someone would need the Mason jar! But in the end, I realized...less really is more. Hmmm??? Now, to tackle my sock collection.

No comments: